Guacamole


Ya'll. Guacamole is something I can eat by the bucket full and if you ever need something from me, a sure way to get it is to bring me a bowl of homemade guac and you're pretty much set. My momma is the one who taught me how to make guac years and years ago and over the years I like to think I've become a bit of a professional in making it. This one is easy and delicious and perfect for pairing with any mexican dish or literally just eating by the spoonful. You're welcome for that visual of my pregnant, constantly eating current self.



You'll need:

4 ripe avocados
1 cup of cherry tomatoes (quartered)
1/4 cup of chopped red onion
Juice of two limes

Garlic powder, kosher salt and fresh black pepper

First skin your avocados, remove the seed and mash until lumpy. Don't leave big chunks, but definitely don't mash until smooth. Leave a little lumpiness to enjoy. Sprinkle with garlic powder ( I never measure, but I'd say start with 1/2 tsp), about a 1/4-1/2 tsp of kosher salt and crack some pepper on top. Squeeze your limes and stir until well mixed. Throw in the onion and tomato, stir and you're all set!


Store in a container that just fits the amount you have to keep the air from hitting it and turning it brown. However, a little brown is not the end of the world - just stir it up and you're all set!

Avocado is one of the best healthy fats there is, so you can bet I'm in my kitchen making this every chance I get!
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.