Adobo Chipotle Chicken



Mexican food is by far my favorite food! I mean tacos are sort of a love language for me so I obviously make them and eat them as often as possible. The only setback to this is when eating healthy, mexican restaurants are full of the most irresistible temptations (hello queso and chips) and you don't always know what the ingredients in sauces so I like to make my own taco parties at home!

This is my favorite way to make chicken for taco night! I usually pair it with some homemade guacamole, lots of salsa, grilled peppers and corn and all the trimming because why wouldn't I, right? The best part about this chicken is it's the least time consuming part of your taco night!

Here's what you need
1 Serving (Packet) Taco Seasoning (I prefer to make my own which maybe will be a recipe I share another time)
2 Tbls Olive oil
The juice of 1 1/2 Limes
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (you can find this in a small can in the hispanic section of most grocery stores)
2lbs Chicken breasts or tenderloin strips

Grab a glass dish large enough for your chicken and sprinkle the olive oil and lime juice on - stir them around a bit to make sure the chicken is well coated. Then pour the adobo sauce and peppers on. If you want a lot of kick, cut the peppers up and rub the chicken well with them. If you want to keep the spice a little mild, simply roll the chicken in the sauce and leave the peppers in the dish whole. Coat with your taco seasoning and then rub the cilantro in your hands and spread it on top. Cover dish and refrigerate for at least an hour. I usually prep it in the morning and leave it in the fridge all day - but it's totally up to you.
Once ready to cook - heat oven to 350 and bake for about 45 minutes or until Chicken is done! Voila!

Perks: Gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and all that good stuff!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.