Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup


With Fall weather starting up I decided to make a batch of our favorite homemade chicken noodle soup this past week. I came up with this recipe the winter I was pregnant, because soup was about all I could handle and I didn't want all the added sodium from the canned soups at the grocery store. It's a meal that is placed in our weekly rotation once the cold weather comes and it always hits the spot.

Ingredients you'll need:

12 oz bag of Egg Noodles
2.5 lbs Shredded chicken (already cooked)
32 oz Chicken broth
64 oz Chicken stock
4-5 stalks Celery (sliced thin)
5-6 Carrots (peeled and sliced thin)
2 large Tbsp Minced Garlic
1-2 tsp Dried Rosemary
1-2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste

Admittedly, nailing down the measurements for this was difficult - that's why there is so much variation in that list! Everyone has different tastes so I believe cooking measurements are always suggestions. I like my soup bursting with flavor - you may not be into all that garlic and that's totally ok!



First pour in your chicken broth and stock, all the herbs, garlic, celery and carrots. Boil for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Then add in your chicken and noodles and boil for about 5-10 minutes (or however long it takes to get your chicken hot and noodles cooked!

Voila, you're done! You can add some French bread and a big salad and you're set for dinner!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.