Myrtle Beach, SC


Belle and I got the privilege to spend a week vacationing in Myrtle Beach with my mom, recently and it couldn't have been better! It was so special to get to watch my mom and little girl swim, play, and walk on the beach together. Traveling with a toddler is never easy, but it's always worth it! I have so many sweet memories of watching my tiny tot experience things for the first time, overcome her fears of the tide and sand and we got to fall asleep and wake up next to each other more than once over the course of the trip (something that never happens at home). Anytime I take Bell out of her element and routine something - dare I say - magical happens, her personality as a whole seems to double, she starts to form new words and sounds and goodness, it just could not be more fun. She's also a super flexible traveler and sleeper (Praise to the Lord) which makes up for the fact that mealtimes were still a battle nearly everyday. Overall though, she's a dream to travel with as far as tiny humans go! 
Here are a few of my favorite moments from the trip!

Roaring at the fish and shark at Ripley's Aquarium

Not exactly thrilled that we were leaving the aquarium or that it was an hour past naptime.

Happy now that Grammy is holding her and treated her to a Hello Kitty mermaid!

She is such a goofball, it's amazing.

Golly, I love being her mama!

Her reaction to the beach the first night. Not ecstatic.


How she approached the tide.

Her first solo walk into the ocean - I was beyond proud of her.

Not a fan, but fist bumps were still given for facing her fears.


Things were about to get serious. Off with the swimdress.


So brave!

If that's not the cutest 'stank face', I don't know what is.

She was pretty proud of herself!

Being brave sure tuckers you out!

What is the latest adventure you've taken your little ones on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.