Something New #3

Every Friday in 2016 I share something new I tried that week, here's this week's!
 {You can read the explanation for it over on Week1


 
So this week I tried a making a new recipe - Peach Balsamic Rosemary Chicken. I also bought already made sangria in a bottle, but that's not important. Umm, ya'll - this is a beast of dish. I'm kind of thankful that my husband is picky and is refusing to eat it because I have a few days of leftovers. 

So, I've been trying to stick to whole foods - 'eating clean' if you will -  this month, so I've been browsing pinterest for ideas as most of our regular meals definitely don't fit in that category! As soon as I saw a chicken dish with peaches that fit my whole food standards, I was all about it. I mean, does anything sound more delicious? 

I skipped all the complicated steps and just threw it all in a crockpot on low for about 7.5 hours. Score. I also modified it, I mean I didn't even know avocado oil was a thing so I used olive oil; I definitely used dried rosemary instead of fresh; I don't like chicken thighs so I used breasts; Then I poured two cans of (strained) peaches on the top of everything instead of buying and pitting and slicing fresh peaches. So basically I created an entire new recipe. I promise you, sometimes I'm as natural and hardworking as Ma Ingalls was in her kitchen and then sometimes I'm just like, I'm sitting this one out.

I feel like I should note, as long as you aren't married to the pickiest man on earth (which I personally know you're not), this is a perfect dish to serve to guests on top of some sauteed or roasted veggies - AND if you throw it in the crockpot, like I did, it'll look like you dished out a fancypants meal, but you know it only took you like 15 minutes to make. Also it's healthy. So it's a triple threat.

What is something new you tried this week?

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know me and Barry ... we kinda eat alike. So I don't know if I'd like this ... but I'd try it if you ever made it for me! ;) I do need to try some crock pot recipes with chicken ... sounds like a dream. All that being said, I bet Barry would like my tater tot casserole recipe ... not so healthy even with organic cream of mushroom/cream of chicken and organic beef and organic tater tots (which is how I like to eat it. ;) Love you, and your blog rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.