17 Months













Oh hello there? I'm like a week late in posting this little "update" on Belle. I totally forgot about it, because as the pictures show, I'm the mom of a very busy toddler. I truly have no idea how 'mom blogs' are even a thing? Like how in the world do those moms sit down and blog each day? I just barely get to shower most days. 

Anyway, this post is supposed to be out the wonderful, crazy little kid of ours, isn't it? Whoops.

So this whole month I've thought she was 18 months old, it wasn't until I opened up my blog that I realized I was actually wrong. Oh well. I've also been working on this post for about 5 days now, so by the time I finish it, she may actually be 18 months. L.O.L.

Belle continues to be our little ball of sunshine - even when she's driving us crazy or pushing all of our buttons, she's still sweet. I really don't know how to explain it. She just has a sweet disposition that even when she's being stubborn or disobedient or whatever, she still does it in a way that is sweet. 
However, the past couple weeks we've really been seeing her stubborn side - something she gets from both Barry and I, so obviously she thinks she can out-stubborn us. I've learned pretty quickly that it's about picking your battles, because once we set a rule, being consistent is absolutely necessary and there are some things that just aren't worth fighting that uphill battle. 

When she's not actively trying to do something she's not supposed to be doing [like climbing onto the filing cabinet 16 times a day], she's still just a happy kid. She looooooves giving kisses and hugs, clapping along to her 'A B C's', swinging at the park for about 20 minutes at a time, being outside, snuggling while watching Daniel Tiger, playing peekaboo, being in water of any sort - at any time, eating whole boxes of raisins in about 7 seconds, running around the house with one arm pumping back and forth, laughing along with adults or really about anything at all. She hasn't picked up any new words, though she is trying to use the 't' and 'ph' sound. She's got a pretty big underbite going on, so we're wondering if that may have something to do with why she's not using real words yet. We'll probably check on that at her next well-check next month. 
Though she's always been a bit of a daddy's girl, it's becoming more and more pronounced. She now squeals and shakes when Barry walks through the door at night. It's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. 
She's become quite the picky eater - sometimes skipping meals entirely because she refuses to eat what we have. Weirdo. She's also been waking up regularly in the middle of the night screaming (almost like she had a nightmare), but I go and give her a hug and she's usually back to snoozing shortly after. I on the other hand take a good while to fall back asleep. Ug. The past couple nights she has literally asked to go to bed at night. She pats us and points to her bedroom and then walks in there and waits for us. It's hilarious and welcome since we're usually excited for going to bed these days too. Haha.

We love our sweet girl! Can't believe how fast she's growing up!

~

So Mama's, what are some of your go-to toddler meals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.