Berry Creamsicle Smoothie



One thing I've learned as a new mom, is that my baby always seems to be starving when I am and if I don't want my belly growling while I'm nursing, my food has to take less than five minutes to prep. A lot of the time this tempts me to grab junk food, but thanks to a little prep work, I can have something healthy and SUPER yummy within a couple minutes. Once a week I prep freezer bags with my smoothie ingredients so that when I only have five minutes to grab something before Belle starts crying, I can grab something that only requires one hand to "eat" and boosts my energy instead of draining it like junk food does. I've shared this recipe with friends and they've loved it, so I thought I'd share it with the masses! 

~

Berry Creamsicle Smoothie

1/2 cup Blueberries (frozen)
1/2 cup Strawberries (frozen)
1 frozen Banana cut into at least four pieces
Large handful of fresh Spinach
1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 cup Orange Juice

~

Throw those into your blender (I use a Nutri Bullet) in the order listed and blend until smooth. 
You can also switch up how many fresh and frozen items you use. I use more frozen items because I like my smoothies thicker and as cold as they can be! But if you prefer something a little more slurpable, just use more fresh ingredients and only add one or two frozen items.


This is my favorite smoothie to have for an afternoon snack - 
it keeps your energy up between meals and is entirely good for you!
Hope you enjoy it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.