Currently


Dropping... All of my busyness. I'm usually a person who is go-go-go all the time, keeps the house super clean, has dinner ready and hot when Barry gets home, never says no to anything or anyone and stresses over not having it all together. But since having a baby, I've had to put all of my busy ways on hold and get into the habit of not having it together. Diapers can explode with poop as I'm leaving the house or I can have baby vomit shot into my hair and down my shirt as I'm hanging out with a friend (both of which happened in a three hour period this week). Ha... that was a fun afternoon. It's a learning process and one that's totally worth it, but I'll admit it's difficult sometimes.

Making... I just made some yummy homemade pizza for dinner (I'll have to share the recipe sometime, seeing as the recipe is SO EASY). Earlier this week I made a batch of whole wheat protein waffles. I was struggling finding time in the morning to fix and eat breakfast myself because I was so busy with pumping & feeding / changing Belle. So during one of her afternoon naps this week, I made a ton of these "power waffles" and froze them. I can just pop them in the toaster oven and have an on the go breakfast.... woopwoop!

Wearing... Haha.... my outfit of necessity lately, is workout shorts or pants and a t-shirt.... I get spit up on or poop smeared a couple times a day so there is really no point in putting "real clothes" on for the day. I will usually take a shower and make myself look a little more human later in the day but for most of the day you can find me looking like a gym rat.

Kissing... All over my baby girl.... she loves being kissed repeatedly on her cheeks and nose. Admittedly I love doing it too, seeing as I've got the cutest baby in the world.

Keeping... My sanity is pretty well intact these days. Even with the lack of sleep and the plain exhaustion by the end of each day, I still feel pretty good and like myself somehow. I definitely have my moments of not being able to articulate what I'm trying to say because I'm too tired and I end up sounding like a crazy or uneducated ninkampoop, but otherwise I'd like to imagine I'm keeping things together pretty well. Haha..

So what are you doing CURRENTLY?

Linking up with Harvesting Kale this week.

2 comments:

  1. Currently enjoying catching up on your blog! I love reading about your new adventure as a Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I am here through Currently. Love your blog. As a mom of 2 with one on the way I have found that sanity,,,,, well takes a new meaning after kids. Belle is way cute. good luck with every thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.