4/52



I don't know what to even say about this picture.... her face is hilarious to me. I don't really know what all to say about this week either - it's been full of ups and downs.

The great news is we had another check up and she's over 7lbs - I'm guessing about 7 1/2 lbs by now and her jaundice is gone! Woohoo! With such a good report from the doctor we've now started to let her sleep longer at night. She's increased her sleeping from about 2 hours to about 4 hours already.... which is wonderful - I'm only up twice a night now! On the flip side however, we're also starting to transition from bottle feeding to nursing and although she's being a champ about the whole thing - there have been tears and screaming on both of our ends.
Breastfeeding is not for the faint of heart... that's for sure. Mild Mastitis isn't either... it's a pain that is almost comparable to labor pains.

I literally have no idea what she is doing here but I'm so glad she did it while I was taking pictures. Haha.
The "calm before the storm" face..... notice how red she is - it's because she's about to erupt.
In other news... she's continuing to be more and more alert during the times of day she's awake. She's also crying a lot more (her cool and collected nature could only last so long I guess) and starting to produce tears (which completely breaks my heart every time I see them). Barry and I think she's a lot more fussy because she's getting irritated that she can't move around as she pleases... she gets bored pretty quickly so we have to give her a lot of different points of view by moving her from back to belly or couch to floor. I think once she gets her neck muscles stronger and can mover her head around the way she wants to, she'll be less fussy again... until then, we get to see a lot of this face:


She's still a very happy and easy to please baby for the most part.... even with the occasional screaming. Haha..
She spends most of the day making cute sounds, dancing with me, wiggling, snuggling, and just looking around. Can't believe our little bug will be a month old in just a couple days! Yikes!

Shooting her arms up in the air is a constant thing now...


So Mommas, any of ya'll deal with painful nursing? 
What helped you?

6 comments:

  1. Nursing can be SO tough! Adara used to get frustrated because my milk didn't come in right away and she had to work to get it, but I promise it gets better as your baby gets bigger! And Adara always wanted to be moving too-she got really upset if we sat down wither her for more than a minute or so. We spend a lot of time walking around and bouncing on my exercise ball. Your photos are so cute! I bet it's such a relief that she's gaining weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words Calista! Belle's mouth is so tiny, it's just so hard.... so I'm hoping that with her growth it does get easier!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful baby! I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling with breastfeeding, but I'm so thankful that Belle is growing healthy and strong. And I'm also thankful for your posts ... it helps me feel connected to ya 300 miles away. Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! Glad the posts are helping you feel connected! Miss you!

      Delete
  3. I had painful nipples for a while and would do thick lanolin paste on them immediately following nursing, as well as before bed and throughout the day, and apply warm compresses (although that makes milk spill sometimes!) so ease pain. Hang in there mama! Ps I found you via the Harvesting Kale link-up :) xo Crista @ Hands and Hearts More Than Full

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lanolin is a miracle paste! I've been using it a lot and it's helped heal some of the damage up! Thanks for the encouragement and for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.