Bumpdate 38 Weeks


This week has been crammed full of all things "Belle" and getting her where she needs to be.

We started the week off with a bang by having a "version" done to flip baby girl into the right place. I think I was more nervous about it then I even realized, but completely at peace at the same time. We had so many people praying for my nerves and that our munchkin would just cooperate that Barry and I were just generally calm about the whole thing. One of the hardest things for me was not drinking any water for 8 hours leading up to the procedure... so I was really grateful when they hooked me up to an IV and got some water in me right away.
The "version" went really well. It was actually a much bigger deal than I originally thought. I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought we'd be in and out in a matter of an hour.... but I think that also has to do with my lack of hospital visits in my adult life. We were actually placed in a labor and delivery room and humorously enough the "reason for visit" stated on our papers was "childbirth"... both of those tipped me off pretty quick that we'd be staying a while. Haha. Our nurse was super sweet and so were the anesthesiologists who gave me the epidural. Side note: I'm actually REALLY glad that I got to experience an epidural before giving birth... I had no idea what it would be like and now I do and will be mentally prepared for it when it happens while I'm in labor.
Once my doctor came over, we got down to business and she got Belle to move in a matter of like 5-10 minutes. It was crazy! Once again I thought, oh we'll be out of here in no time and I'll get to eat!
Ha... no. That epidural took like two hours to wear off. It felt so funny not being able to control my lower body, not to mention I was incredibly sleepy and out of it so I just napped while they monitored Belle the rest of the afternoon (getting to hear the thumpthump of her heartbeat for a few hours was pretty cool).
All in all it was a pretty neat experience, even if my body is overly sensitive and getting an IV almost made me cry and getting the epidural made me want to squeeze Barry's hand until it broke.... seriously ya'll, you have no idea how much I hate needles of every sort - it's pathetic. Giving birth is going to be so much fun. Haha.

I spent most of the rest of this week wondering if Belle would stay put and was quickly put at ease today when my doctor checked me out and said her head was right where it needed to be and that I was dilating perfectly (2 cm). Hurray! Now unless I get really uncomfortable we're just waiting on Belle to decide she wants out - no inducing or c-section :)

In other news, she weighs about 7lbs and I've stopped gaining weight for now. Our bags are packed and are in the car, Belle's room is all ready for her (pics to come soon!), we've sealed the deal with a pediatrician (who's clinic is less than 5 minutes down the road), and now I'm just busy cleaning & cooking and waiting for her to get here! Today I'm going on a massive grocery shopping trip and am going to make some freezer meals for after she's born, my momma leaves town and meals stop getting dropped off. I just know myself well enough to know that I will not want to #1 make regular grocery trips or #2 cook everyday when I'm running on zero sleep and just want to stare at my beautiful baby all day!

Anyone want to share their favorite freezer meals or postpartum tip?

2 comments:

  1. You're just so amazingly beautiful! And your outlook on life is so inspiring. I'm so proud to call you my best friend! And since I'm late in reading this post ... Belle is already here! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're sweet <3 Yay! Can't wait for you to meet her either!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.