Smoothie Time

There's nothing quite as refreshing & yummy as an ice cold smoothie for breakfast... or really anytime of the day! Today I'm going to share the recipe to my favorite smoothie! My mom made these for us growing up and they were always my favorite because it tastes like you're drinking a milkshake but it's actually healthy for you (win-win). It's also one of the easiest & quickest smoothies to make in my opinion.
So without further ado...



Monkey's Uncle Smoothie
1 cup of Almond Milk (my favorite is Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla)
1 Banana (frozen is best)
1 heaping tablespoon of your favorite natural nut butter - I like peanut butter or almond butter
Drizzle of Honey - I like to use raw honey
Dash of Cinnamon
Handful of Ice (not necessary, I just like my smoothies extra cold)

Pile into the blender in that order and blend until smooth.
That's it!




The recipe makes one full glass - I would also eat some toast if you want to make it a meal or the smoothie itself is perfect for a snack. I drink one of these nearly everyday lately. The protein & cinnamon keeps your blood sugar level and the sweetness from the banana and honey makes it seem like a treat!

I'm always on the hunt for other tasty smoothies - so it's your turn to share!
What's your favorite smoothie recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo! Thanks for this recipe! Darrell loves to have smoothies for breakfast. I will have to try this one sometime! Perhaps tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.