Bumpdate 16 weeks


I'm happy to report I had a really good week. I only had one awful day and the rest have been either neutral or even great! I was even able to spend two days socializing and out and about all day & still had a little energy to spare (given both days were days I wasn't working - but slow and steady, right?)! I'm *crossing my fingers* that the worst of the nausea and sickness are over!

This week has come with it's own sort of pains though... because my uterus is now the size of a melon everything is stretch, stretch, stretching. My belly is looking a little ginormous after I've eaten these days - which on one hand is a lot of fun to see, and on the other it's causing some jabbing random pains when my "round ligament" stretches. I thought muscles were actually popping and tearing down there until another fellow prego friend told me it was a normal thing. *Whew* So it's uncomfortable (especially when it happens out of flippin' nowhere) but I'll take it any day over the nausea!

The baby is about the size of an avocado and getting more and more active! I can't feel any kicks or defined movement, but I just read that the fluttering sensations I get every once in a while could be the baby moving around. I'm excited for the day I get to feel it kick!
Baby is also letting me eat a little more these days. My sweet tooth is sloooooowly overpowering baby's distaste for sweets. But I'm honestly ok if sweets make me sick the whole time - it'll keep me healthier. 
I think little nugget is starting to recognize our voices... When I'm feeling a little sick I can usually rub my belly and start talking to baby and my sickness will pass pretty quickly. I don't know if I'm reading into it too much, but I like to think it's because my voice calms baby down from whatever it's doing in there to make me feel sick.

This coming week I get to see my doctor again and maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe be able to tell what sex the baby is if we get an ultrasound. Or she may schedule a different appointment in a few weeks to find out. I'm hoping it's this week! I'm ready to get the nursery ready and buy a few things (can you believe I haven't bought a single baby thing yet?)!!!

Ok prego ladies... what have you found helps with the Round Ligament pains?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your little "heart" on each post always makes me laugh, mom.

      Delete
  2. Love your bumpdates! I didn't have that pain with Oliver but I did with Ivy. I seemed to get it the worst whenever I would stand up too quickly or change positions without thinking about it. I hope you're coming to the end of your sick stage too. Pregnancy is so awesome but it's even more awesome once you're past that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags :) Oh that's odd... I wonder what the difference was! Did Ollie grow at a steadier pace and Ivy grow rapidly? That's when mine hurts the most too... it'll wake me up at night sometimes if I've rolled over too fast too. I love being pregnant, but ya - I can't imagine how much more I'd love it if I felt like myself :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't buy hardly any baby stuff until after I found out I was having a girl! I kept feeling like a should, but for the longest time I was just getting used to being pregnant! So excited for you. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what Barry and I decided right away - was to not spend any money on cute stuff until we knew what we were having and even then, I think we'll be waiting until closer to the due date just to save money. Thanks so much Calista! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad to hear about a better week! And I love hearing all about your adventures with the little nugget! I want to talk to my baby too. Oh, wait ... I don't have a baby yet. But you talking about soothing your baby by talking to him is precious! I want to do that too! Love you and miss you, Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa - I was about to freak out on you if you were trying to tell me you were pregnant ONLINE. Glad I kept reading before I called you immediately!! Love & miss you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.