Bumpdate 15 weeks


I've never realized how quickly time flies until now. I feel like I just found out I was pregnant and five weeks along yesterday. Somehow ten weeks have gone by since then! Sheeshmaneesh.

I read last night that our little munchkin is about the size of a lemon or a pear and can now rub it's eyes, yawn and even blink! It can also grab the umbilical cord (maybe that's why I have random aches and pains down in the tummy region lately). I'm excited cause now baby can hear me when I'm talking to it - which admittedly I do constantly! :)

I still can't really eat dinner these days. I'm blessed to not have the sickness in the mornings but boy do I have some form of it just about every night. I've finally found a system that helps though - I get the bulk of my calories and weight gaining foods in at lunchtime so I don't have to feel guilty when I can't eat that much at dinner. I think it's helping - I got on the scale this morning and I finally gained another pound of the six pounds I lost at first. So I'm half way to my pre-pregnancy weight. Otherwise I'm just trying to make sure I'm drinking water constantly - which never used to be a problem until now for some reason.

I'll be honest... growing a baby is hard work ya'll. It's going to be so worth it when we finally get to meet the cutest baby ever, but man! Whenever I'm not an emotional mess, I'm in physical pain. I'm always exhausted - not just tired - exhausted. I'm just a mess... an utter mess. It's a wonder I have friends. Haha.
I feel like God uses a pregnancy to get you prepared for all that you'll be feeling with a newborn. That's what I've decided any way. I wake up around 5/6am every morning and can't get back to sleep and then because of my work schedule don't get any kind of nap in and I run myself ragged until about 6:30pm. By then I'm spent - done.
This week I'm going to try an experiment and try to sleep based on baby and see how I feel then. So I'll probably become an early riser and an early sleeper which is the opposite of how I'd like it to be, but oh well. Baby gets what baby wants (for now).

All you who've been pregnant (or currently are) - how did you make sure you got enough sleep?

5 comments:

  1. You basically have to train yourself to go to sleep every time you have a few minutes of free time. You would be surprised how much it helps just to get 10 minutes of rest. Just hang in there! I told David that being pregnant feels very much like a bad case of mono, but it gets better. And don't stress about the weight gain, it will soon come with a fury even if you're not eating that much. Call me if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness... that's a very good description of what I've experienced so far! Thanks so much for the advice and encouragement, it means a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Emily! Congratulations to you and Barry! :) Haven't looked at your blog in a long while and came to discover this exciting news! Have a 1 month old at home, you learn to sleep whenever you can, but you'd be surprised how you can get by with such little sleep. My little one sleeps a lot during the day and eats a LOT between around 3a-7a.. you just learn to go with the flow.

    While pregnant I slept constantly up until the middle of the 2nd trimester.. I felt like the only thing I could do to get through my [all day] morning sickness (up until 16 weeks) was sleep. Then by the middle of the 2nd trim. I would wake up around 3:30am or so and not be able to go back to sleep. That lasted up until I gave birth. Napping was great.. even 15-30 minutes. :)

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica! Thank you so much! We're pretty excited!
      That's what I'm hearing about sleep patterns.... I hope it's true for me too!
      Thank you so much for the prayers :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about all the sickness and pain ... but I'm so happy to hear the baby is growing and doing well. I can't wait to see you, my dear friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.