The Liebster Award

So surprise of all surprises, I got nominated for a bloggers award! Paige over at Our Journey nominated my little corner of the internet for The Liebster Award. I'll be honest and say I had no idea who Paige was until she commented on my blog to tell me the news and I'm glad she did! Her blog focuses on sharing her life through tidbits about her marriage, the youth group she and her husband Lyle lead, and all of their adventures together - go check her out!

The Liebster Award is all about promoting little known blogs that the world should know about!  All through bloggers sharing some of their favorite bloggers! I think that's a pretty way cool to build blogger community.

So without further ado...

{Source}
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate up to 11 other blogs with 200 followers or less.
5. Ask 11 new questions for the nominees to respond to.

Eleven Facts About Me...
[1] The same man got the title of my first boyfriend, first love, first kiss and he is the amazing husband who's forever my one and only. [2] I'm a bit of a fat kid at heart. I love cooking and baking [when I have the time] and looking up recipes. I also love eating and tasting and eating. [3] I grow strong, unexplained emotional attachments to t.v. characters. If I truly love a character, I feel exactly what they are feeling when I'm watching them go through something.  [4] My Pinterest closet and my real life closet are two vastly different realities. [5] I frequently get the urge to jump a plane to nowhere in particular, whenever I drive by an airport. [6] I'm a slightly extroverted introvert. I get a little bored when I have too much alone time - but if I don't have enough, my brain & body go into overdrive and I completely shut down. [7] I'm a wolf biter. If you don't know what that is, it isn't as bad as it sounds - I promise. [8] I could eat Mexican food or Italian food for almost every meal and die happy. [9] I usually require around nine hours of sleep to feel like a normal human. [10] I'm the person the people who write musical scores for movies live for. I cry, I laugh, my heart rate goes up... all based on the music in movies. [11] I'm a professional facebook stalker. 



Eleven Questions Answered...
1.  When did you start blogging?
I honestly don't remember specifically - but I know I started shortly before the sweetheart and I got married. So probably 2008/2009.

2.  Why did you start blogging?
I started seriously blogging - like putting effort into what I was doing - once we got married. I moved 300 miles away from the only life I had ever known, the night of my wedding and since I really hate talking on the phone, it seemed the best way to keep my family and friends in the loop with my life. 

3.  What is your favorite food?
As previously mentioned - I'm a fat kid. This question is nearly impossible for me to answer honestly. If I'm hungry and the food I'm eating smells good and tastes delicious that is probably my favorite food of the moment.

4.  What is one of your pet peeves?
Something that's been happening to me all day and giving me the shivers are people just allowing their mouths to hang open. It just makes a person look perpetually stupid.

5.  What is the one piece of advice that you have received in your life that has stuck with you?
Don't open up to just anyone, carefully guard your heart.
Make sure your heart is safe with someone before you show them the deepness of it.

6.  What is your favorite Bible verse?
I have a couple, but my all time favorite is Psalm 73:25-26 
"Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 

My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever."

7.  What is your favorite season and why?
If I could keep one season year round it'd be Autumn. When I was little we'd leave for family vacations before the leaves turned and by the time we got back the leaves would be turning red and shades of orange and the air would feel crisp and it would feel like another world. As a child I thought it was the most magical time of the year - even more-so than Christmas. I love everything about it - from the weather to all the bonfires and parties and cozy clothes. In love with every bit of it.

8.  What is your favorite movie? Tell us about it.
I'm really bad at picking favorites. Pride & Prejudice, The Help, Silver Linings Playbook, The Holiday, The Great Gatsby, Sense & Sensibility are a few of my favorites.

9.  What is one thing you want to do in life?
Have healthy, happy babies.

10.  Do you have a special talent?
Cleaning my entire house in about 20 minutes flat.

11.  If you were a crayon what color would you be and why?
How does one determine such a thing? I have no idea. Turquoise perhaps?

~ ~ ~

My Nominations...
*drum roll please*


Jared and Maggie are two of my dearest friends and they blog about life with their two amazing kids. Their purpose in blogging is to keep them focused on bettering themselves, their family and being an encouragement to readers. Their oldest, rambunctious, curly top Oliver was just diagnosed with autism and they just had their second - the oh so beautiful Ivy Jane! I can tell you they definitely reach their goal in encouraging readers - the way they love on their kids in their actions and their words is so inspiring - something Barry and I hope we can be as good at. Every time I see that they have posted new pictures and stories I immediately stop what I'm doing to get on and read. Their kids are both model material & Maggie is a photographer - so the images on the blog are always beautiful to boot! Check them out! 

Finding Gems

My longest friend Myssi started this blog after her beautiful firstborn baby, Greyson Eliana died of SIDS. This blog documents the past year for her and her husband as they have dealt with an unimaginable loss. Her writing  is such a source of encouragement and genuineness for anyone who reads it. Myssi writes the truth no matter how hard it may be for others to swallow. I've always looked up to Myssi in the fact that she is always real in her life and in her writing... and always points back to Jesus in both. It's incredible to me. Her and her hubs now have another beautiful baby girl named Blakely Eliana Hope and she is scrumptious. Check this blog out - you won't be sorry!

Eleven questions for 
Raising An Ewok ...or two Finding Gems
(if they decide to play along)

1. Do you remember life before kids?
2. What is your favorite part of being a mom/dad?
3. What is the hardest part of being a mom/dad?
4. How do you make sure you have time with your spouse without kids?
5. What is your favorite meal to fix for your family?
6. What is your favorite family activity?
7. When you have time to yourself, what is your favorite thing to do?
8. What piece of advice would you give to new parents?
9. What is your favorite family movie?
10. What is your best meal planning strategy?
11. What's your favorite part about blogging about your kids?



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is incredible! I wanna be a committed blogger too! Perhaps I will try again. Thanks for being so inspiring and uplifting, Emily! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.