Louisville Love

A couple weeks ago I met up with my long time friend Myssi. She lives in Indy and I live in Nashville, so we don't get to see each other much if we wait for one of us to make the long trip. After not seeing each other for a few months, we decided to meet half way and explore Louisville KY.

I had never done much more than drive through Louisville via I65 so it was a fun adventure paired with great conversation with one of my best friends.

You know those friends that you can not see for months at a time and then when you finally get to hang out you pick up right where you left off? Myssi is one of those friends for me. We keep in touch the best we can with both of leading pretty busy lives, but for the most part don't get to catch up until we see each other in person. Then we talk and talk and talk for quite literally hours.

We met up at a little "farm to table" restaurant in the Highlands around 1pm. We went to a park, laid out for a bit, found a Starbucks and sat for a couple hours, found a Trader Joe's and shopped, went to a mall and walked and then wrapped it up  by eating dinner at a Jason's Deli.



The whole day I was continually blown away by this woman's faith & grace. She's had to go through one of the most tragic situations life can hand a person and she's still standing, being genuine, giving love and showing grace. She exudes strength in not sugarcoating her heartache. It was such an encouragement to see that in her.
I'm so incredibly thankful for the friend I have in her. Someone who speaks truth and life over people, is funny and real, loves and relies on the Lord and someone who has consistently inspired growth in me for the past 12 years. I've realized over the past few months that some friends are just in one's life for a season while others are there for a lifetime, I'm pretty sure this beautiful friend and I will see each other's grey hairs one day and for that I'm ever so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! What beautiful friends! And what a beautiful day together! That day sounds like such a gift! Wonderful, wonderful!

    Love you, Emily!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.