Home Is Wherever I'm With You



Barry got back this weekend and it's been better than I even hoped. His plane got in earlier than expected. So instead of any down time, as soon as I turned to corner to head to his gate, he was turning the corner to come up. I'm usually not one for drawing attention, but I couldn't help squealing and running like a fool down to meet him. My darling Sarabear was there to take some pictures of us when we met each other, but she wasn't prepared for the surprise of Barry coming 'round the corner so there aren't too many pictures, but that's the pilot's fault for being more than punctual. 

Because of the early arrival though, Barry and I had a few moments before the masses of friends and family showed up to greet him. It was unexpected, but perfect. I was able to get [most] of my embarrassing giggling and smiling out of the way before there was an audience to our lovey-dovey looks and hand holding. 

It made my heart so full to see so many people who support Barry show up to the airport to greet him. We went out for a quick dinner at Chili's with everyone before we headed home together for the first time in 10 months. It felt so good to unlock the door and have my husband in our home. I showed off all the stuff I had gotten ready for him or had done over the course of the deployment and then we spent the night flirting, eating cookies, and watching Downton Abbey on our new big screen tv. It was so much fun.



Sunday morning we stayed in bed until nearly noon- we both woke up a lot earlier than that, but we didn't feel like getting up, so we just laid talking and giggling. He opened his birthday presents in bed [Dremel tool kit and the entier series of Firefly], we watched more Downton Abbey and just had a super lazy day for the most part. later on we went to see Monster's University on a whim and LOVED it. "Two biggest kids in the theater as Barry put it. We both worked out and lazed around until it was time to go to bed.

It was a beyond perfect weekend with my husband. I'm so excited to have him back and so blessed he's mine!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! I'm so glad your hubby is home with you again! What joy to read this post!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful first weekend back with him. You are insanely adorable and beautiful. And I'm so jealous you got to see the new Monster's Inc. movie!

    Love, love, love you, my precious friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.