Meal Planning

It's incredibly easy [I've found] while living a single girl's life in my home to just be sloppy and not very purposeful in planning meals. I just end up scrounging... like all day, every day. I also eat out a lot more even when my house is full of groceries.



What does this mean for me?

#1 I've gained about five pounds [all in my belly i think] since last summer because of fatty takeout, large restaurant portions and too many snacks.

#2 I waste money in the form of throwing away spoiled food because I didn't eat in time.



So I held an intervention with myself this Sunday.  

#1 I made a pact to not eat out the rest of this week except for once on Saturday due to company being in town and wanting to experience Nashville cuisine.

#2 I also made a pact to not got to the grocery store for ANYTHING this week. Use what I have. The only exception being if I run out of lettuce or bananas or something like that.



#3 I tried my hand at meal planning... took stock of everything in my cabinets and cupboard, freezer and refrigerator. I sat down and planned every single meal. I did prep work so as to not find a single excuse later this week when something is thawed out. Side note: This also inspired me to reorganize all my cabinets which you'll see in the pictures because let me promise you, they aren't usually that organized.

#4 I also made sure each meal included a vegetable - except breakfast which includes most of my daily fruit servings. This is in hopes that I will fill up on lower calorie food and drop that 5 pounds like it's hot.

We'll see how this goes this week. I'm as excited as one can be going without Thai Phoo Ket or my beloved Gabby's. I just have to remind myself that they'll be around when I've gotten myself healthy and being a good steward of my groceries and grocery money. 

What are your best meal planning tips?


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the meal planning portion! I've gained 15 lbs over the past several months of my fast food "dieting". :( I suppose you could say that I held an "intervention" with myself yesterday as well. :)

    My plan is to meal plan before I do my groceries and then I make a list, and buy only what I need and nothing more. I also keep some "go-to" items in the freezer that take only a couple minutes to prepare for those days that I just can't be bothered with something more extraordinary.

    Hope it all works out with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely found over the past few weeks that meal planning has helped me not only save money but definitely eat a lot healthier... I've even lost some weight in my belly.
      Hope your efforts are bringing good results for you too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.