birthday bliss


My 23rd Birthday was last week and my goodness 
I was loved on, blessed, surprised, and taken care of in such special ways!
On my actual birthday I was woken up by not my alarm, but hosts of well wishes and 'i love you's' and a phone call from my mom and one from my dad singing "Happy Birthday" to me [he's done this every year since I can remember minus a couple birthdays... how cute is that], The first person to greet me in person was my lovely Sara! Followed by the in-laws and the rest of the work crew. 
I was treated to a DELICIOUS lunch with the staff for my birthday!
There isn't a more perfect pairing of foods!


After lunch and we were all back to work at the office
a special delivery of the most beautiful bouquet of flowers came up the office stairs!
I literally couldn't believe it for a minute.... but they were for me from my Barry!
If my memory serves me correctly it's the first time Barry has ever bought me flowers... he's picked some for me, but it was the first time he's ever bought and had them delivered to me. 
My goodness does that man have good taste and know me so well.... the flower arrangement was PERFECT!
Peach colored roses, pink lilies, wheat stalks and little purple wildflowers! 
GAH. SO PRETTY



Another hour or so went by and someone else came up the office stairs calling my name.
This big bunch of happy balloons and a sweet card with a note from barry was my next gift.
I could hardly stand it, I started crying. Never expected that he'd send me something & it was all so perfect!



Later that night I had my city group Bible study to head to. 
Jen and Sara joined me... which obviously made me suspicious. haha
We ate the best darn chili I've had in a very long time and some of my very favorite desserts were there! Jen brought a cheesecake and Laura made me some Apple Crisp [completely from scratch]... SO GOOD!
I felt so loved and spoiled! They even lit a candle on a cupcake and sung Happy Birthday to me :)

Even though that was the end of my Birthday night... it wasn't the end of my celebrations!



After work on Friday I got twenty minutes to get myself prettied up before my friends took me out!
Jen, Sara, and Benge ended up putting a blind fold around my head to keep me from seeing anything.

I didn't get to see the skyline that night... but man was it ever gorgeous!

my dear friend, guide and co party planner , Sara!
They didn't let me take the blind fold off until I was seated in a noisy building. Turned out they took me to the  Rose Pepper
It's a mexican cantina in East Nashville and it's absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!!!
I ate a burrito bigger than my head and gorged on chips and salsa and a yummy margarita!

one of my best friends and SUCH a good party planner!

oh ya... they gave me some free icecream too!

me and my sweet friend Kelli!

After a scrumptious dinner and more of my closest friends arriving 
[Josh and Kelli AND Jared and Anna]
we went across the street to JENI'S ice cream... 
which is seriously some of the best ice cream you will ever have!
It's also super cute and in a fun area! 


the cutest decor!

my friends are so weird.

well this group seems normal :) 

"my eyes always look closed." "no benge, they are definitely closed." haha


After ice cream, we sat outside and enjoyed the night.
I was surprised by some fun presents!
I can't wait to get home and get the chance to put all this fun stuff to use!
It was the perfect night! 
I'm so blessed to have such good friends who love and care for me!
Definitely one of my favorite birthdays to date!



What about you? What has been your favorite birthday? What made it so special?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it was SO MUCH FUN!!! thank you! LOVE YOU

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that you had a great birthday! I am glad that I got to celebrate with you on Friday. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you did too! You helped make it awesome for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. Hands down 11th birthday - the day my little brother arrived! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! That's awesome! I didn't know you guys had the same birthday!

      Delete
  4. I freaking love you and couldn't imagine doing that with anyone else! You're one my best friends and I"m so glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.