a constant battle


Doesn't that look delicious? I tell you it was the best thing i've had to eat in quite some time! And to think i wouldn't have enjoyed such a yummy looking meal if i would've let my silly shy-ness get in the way.

Let me explain.... I am quite possibly the shyest person on the planet when left to myself. I'm the person that wants to use the self-checkouts at grocery stores not due to it being more convenient but that i don't want to make forced conversation with cashiers. I tend to avoid going into places if i can use a drive-thru [only have to deal with one person then]. If I'm by myself, i rarely go anywhere i haven't gone before.....
I'm just a BIT ridiculous, huh?

Those have always been my natural tendencies.  It's something I constantly have to fight against.... most of the time i don't think 'shy' is the right word - i feel like there's got to be a much stronger word that labels my 'condition'. I've gotten a lot better.... but i still almost talked myself into craving something other than greek food since I didn't want to brave a new restaurant on my own. Thankfully i won the argument against my deep-rooted introverted self and tried a new place today and i'm so happy i did. It's close-by, clean, full of happy, friendly staff and was DELISH!


emily - 1 / weird shy condition - 0

1 comment:

  1. Haha!
    Umm ... I have to say that meal doesn't look good. haha! Would King Barry agree with me? ;)
    Haha! But I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And good job stepping out of the introvert bubble. I'm still working on that in my life too.
    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.