pictures and prayers

This past weekend i got the awesome opportunity to take some maternity pictures for my dear friend Sara. It was a lot of fun and good experience for me [i mean what better way to get practice, than to capture your friends who aren't going to make you feel bad if the photos don't turn out extraordinary?]. It encouraged me to start learning more about my camera and find out how far i can take photography.... I would love to one day be able to make it my day job.... i guess we'll see where God leads.
In the mean-time, here are a couple of my favorites from Sara's shoot:
 
Beautiful Momma :)

Cliche perhaps.... but i think it's cute!

I had never tried a silhouette before, so i messed around with settings and lighting and I like the way this one turned out:


So there ya have it.... what do you think? Should i be placed on "You Are Not A Photographer [Dot Com]"? You should leave a comment and tell me your thoughts - positive or negative.... I'd love some feedback :)

In other news.... if you could pray for me, i've been having awful awful headaches lately. I've tried not complaining, because I ALWAYS seem to have something going on with my health.... and i know that hearing about my latest ache gets old. but i figure i can say it once and ask for prayer and all will be good. What's happening is i feel like all the blood is rushing to my head or not enough is getting to it and it'll just stay that way for hours... i don't know, something that makes me feel like my head is about to explode and it's happening more and more frequently. It's really dumb. I really don't want to feel this way on vacation next week or when starting my new job. UG.
So prayers are appreciated - i won't mention it again, God willing... haha

OH and don't forget that picture feedback... click that little comment button below!


6 comments:

  1. Hey Emily! I just want to say that I love your blog and read frequently. Also, after hearing about your headaches- I was going to mention that you might have a wheat/gluten intolerance. James is/was having terrible headaches all the time and it got to the point where we couldn't function on some/most days. I know this is probably not what you want to hear-since wheat is in a lot of products, but it might make you feel better. I know it has for James and all we did was cutting things for a few days and realized that was the issue. On the bright side, it's caused him to lose weight & bulk up since he's eating a lot more protein- not that I'm saying he needed to-haha-but I know he likes this aspect. We'll be praying for you for sure. We definitely understand the annoyance and pain.

    Much love in Christ,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics (even if they are of my wife:)). You keep mentioning those prayer request! If someone get's tired of hearing them, God may not be hearing from them anyways :)!!! We are praying for you and love you very much. -Troy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your photography is wonderful! Natural talent, for sure. Praying for your possible future as a photographer and for your terrible headaches. Having had regular migraines myself for 23 years, your symptoms sound familiar. It's worth checking out with a doctor... some decent meds are available to help. Take care! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work!You will always do right in the end with Christ.You are so smart to depend on Christ for you every need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think you did great! (I didn't know that website existed... good grief. That makes me nervous - I hope I don't end up on there because I'm just beginning as well!)

    Super fun opportunity you had there and I hope you get lots more of them!

    (Lord heal Emily's headaches. Give her the peace that only you can bring and help her to see your handiwork even amidst illness.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your pictures rock, Em! ... And I'm reading this post very late ... like over a month late. How are your headaches?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.