questions on contentment and hangouts with sweet friends

Well good morning blogger world! Once again.... I have failed at this hobby called blogging. I wish i was a more committed person to this task... but sometimes - regular, obligatory, humdrum life must take priority [can you tell i'm a little fed up with the mentioned subject]. I love blogging.... i really do. I just wish i had something more to say when i did so. I feel like i blog the same ol' stuff constantly. I feel like my life is like a CD playing on repeat. "Wake up, Work, Sleep, REPEAT" [that would be the title by-tha-way].

I'm so restless. I'm so tired of the day-to-day. And trust me, i know [and detest] how selfish and spoiled that sounds. I wish i could get over it. I wish there was a little contentment switch i could flick on and keep it eternally on.... i guess it's part of this human flesh we struggle with every day. I wish i could continually have the attitude that Paul had when it came to contentment.....


"11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Paul gives us the big secret to contentment right there - to believe and know that we can do ALL through Christ.... so why is it so hard to be content sometimes? Because i do believe it... there are just some situations that even though i KNOW God can get me through, i still really really really don't want be in them. AUG. c'mon Paul - i think you left a tidbit of information out of the equation..... haha.

Anyway... i'm not going to make this into a huge thing..... these are just thoughts getting knocked around in my head lately. I'm in a situation that i REALLY don't want to be in and i don't know what i'm supposed to do about it..... do i just learn to be content? or trust that i CAN do ALL things through Christ and take a leap of faith as for what the outcome would be, were i to get out of the situation?
i don't know. i suppose God will tug and nudge me in the right direction sooner or later.... [hopefully very SOON].

So life lately... although a bit monotonous has had it's good times & highlights:

My sweet friend Sara [Perry] had her baby shower on Sunday afternoon! So blessed by this pretty lady! She's my hero! [seriously] Her unshakeable faith and unashamed love for Christ is an incredible and constant encouragement to me.... don't know what i'd do without her, now that i have her in my life!

Beautiful Momma

It was probably the most enjoyable 'shower' i've ever been to.... i usually feel so awkward at those sort of shin-digs, playing awkward games with awkward strangers... ug. But there wasn't a single game at this one and even though everyone there was a stranger to me... they were anything but awkward [let's see how many more times i can say that word]... all sweet, real, and funny just like Sara!
I'm so excited for Baby Justice to get here! He has the most amazing parents to greet him into the world and i just know God is going to do amazing things with this little guy!


 

Sara [Burtt] and I also got to spend some good, quality, girl time with our ever-lovely Jen! We've spent quite a few late nights at Starbucks recently as well as a exciting jaunt out to the Cool Springs mall! It's been so refreshing to get to share with one another all the good as well as crummy stuff going on in one another's lives with understanding, ZERO judgement and lots of laughter!


So that's me in a nutshell over the past couple weeks... a very small nutshell mind you.... but at least you have the basic scoop.... Now i must go finish getting ready for work. The highlight today [other than a bunch of sweaty hugs from tiny humans] is our TAYLOR-MACD hangout tonight! SO EXCITED!!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog Emily! So bummed I didn't get to come see you this past weekend :( But excited for your visit in a couple of weeks! We need a Skype date soon! P.S. I LOVE that you call kids tiny humans...hehe :) Can't wait for the new season! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yay" to the second half of this post ... "I'm still praying for you" to the first half.

    I
    Love
    You.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.