saving money and making food

Barry and i challenged ourselves to not eat out AT ALL this week and not only that... but hardly spend money at all and other than 3 Roma Tomatoes, my Almond Milk and Barry's 1/2 gallon of milk and having a never ending craving for Gabby's - we have succeeded!

It's actually been sort of fun. I've been forced to cook with whatever i can find in the kitchen [seeing as going out and getting groceries would cost moolah]. Yesterday i made a very simple pad thai and it was delish and i also managed to find all the ingredients needed to make barry's favorite Hamburger Helper.


Tonight I put together pasta salad with random stuff i had in the fridge - even sauteed my own mushrooms (they were phenomenal all by themselves btw)! I also made Barry his chicken alfredo :D

I'm not sure what i'll fix tomorrow.... possibly grilled cheese for me and if i'm feeling super ambitious i may whip up barry's favorite - 'Our Own Chicken Potato Concoction'. We'll see ;)

Ok... I'm off to switch up things here on the blog and maybe do a little reading before bed. See ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. First off, I love the new lay out on the blog! Your "This is us" section is adorable ;) Secondly, I'm glad that you're enjoying getting in the kitchen and that the "don't spend any money" challenge is going well. That's something to be proud of! And last but not least, I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I' say ditto to Kelli's comments! and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks kelli and mom - i love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... you are incredible, Emily! One of the most creative people I know ... and so thrifty. :) Too much fun! I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.