Monday, July 21, 2014


This week has been a bit of a doozy. Belle had a three day growth spurt.... where I basically didn't leave her presence or the living room for longer than a shower. She was literally eating every hour and when she wasn't eating she wanted to be held. It was exhausssssting. 
I mean, I loved it & felt like I was losing it at the same time. 
She bounced back not a moment too soon.

Barry was at drill this weekend, so I had to brave going to church with Belle by myself with her possibly being in a terrible mood. Luckily she wasn't. She was happy as a clam as per usual... she really loves worship time because Barry and I bounce her to the music while she watches everyone sing. It's cute. 
She's really trying to sit up these days.... she's such a wiggle worm she can't sit still enough to figure it out quite yet, but she's definitely getting there - I have no doubt she'll be sitting on her own in less than a month!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

4 Months

Holy Cannoli, our baby girl is 4 months old! 

We had her checkup last week and she is growing like a weed! She's more than double the size she was when she was born, coming in at 12.5 pounds! Our little half pint is still on the shorter side of things at 23 inches, but with her petite frame, I'm not surprised. Her head measures in the 70th percentile - which I guess means she has a big noggin! She also had her second round of shots... poor baby. I hate seeing her cry, she sticks that big ol' bottom lip out and I just can't stand it. As soon as the nurse put bandaids on her little battle wounds, I swooped her right up to calm her down. She was a champ, she didn't cry after we left the Dr's office.

Current favorite reading material

 Her reactions to watermelon (on the left) and bananas (on the right).

She's still as happy as a clam - even when she's upset, her sweetness still shines through. 
She loves books now, we sit down and read just about everyday - sometimes twice a day. When I'm not reading to her, she likes to play with her toy elephant or just look around. She's very observant no matter what we're doing - she loves looking around and checking things out before she does anything else. She's picking herself up on her elbows and rolling over all the time now. She's hilarious to watch when she's on her tummy because she's trying to figure out her arm & leg coordination to crawl. She sticks her booty up the air or kicks with all her might until she wears herself out. She really loves to be outside, so much so that whenever she's fussy for no reason, I take her outside and she calms down immediately. We've started letting her play around with food - so far she's had mashed up bananas (she hated it), a taste of my homemade pizza sauce (loved it), and I let her gnaw on some watermelon (loooooved that). She's still sleeping 10-11 hours straight through the night and generally takes a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon (praise the Lord!). Overall she's a very happy, healthy, sweet as can be baby. She makes this whole parenting thing pretty enjoyable!

Belle really is our angel baby!

Monday, July 14, 2014


Look at that face. That is the face I'm greeted with each morning. Sweet little smile and all. 
Barry and I have been talking this week just how incredibly blessed we are with our little Belle. We're entirely spoiled by her. She's the most content and happy baby ever and everyone is always telling us so (so you know, that is an unbiased opinion ;). She is constantly making us laugh and bringing us joy - A more perfect little human has never been born, I'm sure of it!

I'll be back with her 4 month recap on Thursday!

Monday, July 7, 2014


Sunday Best

Sleepy Girl

She's always got one hand gripping a foot and one hand in her mouth!

Our little peanut is talking up a storm this week... it's so flippin' cute! If you talk back with the same noise she makes, she'll have a conversation with you. It's one of my favorite parts of our morning together. 
We're also noticing that she'll keep eye contact longer these days and she's starting to notice other babies. She's getting closer to crawling each day which is hard to believe, but from the get-go this little one has wanted to move and do her own thing. She's just about got the leg motions down and can push up on her knees to get her butt off the ground. If she could just figure out those arms, she'll be crawling in no time! 
She's constantly impressing us and making us look really good. She's just a happy observant baby out in public 90% of the time (the other 10% only happening when she's hungry and I can't nurse right away). We're so thankful for her happy, sweet attitude!